We reserve the right to change all or part of these conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted on hyperlocalmedia.com.au/terms-of-use and will be available on our publication’s websites.
Your use, or subsequent use of any Hyperlocal Media Publications will constitute your acceptance of these conditions, and any changes made to the conditions. If you do not wish to agree to the conditions, you may discontinue your use of any Hyperlocal Media publications.
These conditions were last updated in April 2022.
Hyperlocal Media Publications
The term Hyperlocal Media Publications is referring to any and all print and digital media & publications owned and/or operated by Hyperlocal Media.
You must not:
- Use any Hyperlocal Media Publication to breach applicable laws or regulations.
- Use any Hyperlocal Media Publication to post, publish, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- Infringes or violates any copyright or intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
- Contains, promotes, or provides information about illegal activities or behaviour;
- Contains, or may contain, defamatory, offensive, abusive, threatening, pornographic, indecent, or otherwise unlawful material;
- Contains viruses or other computer codes, files or programs designed to interrupt, limit, destroy or otherwise cause harm to the functionality, integrity or security of any computer software or hardware;
- Includes personal information, imagery or other sensitive data about another person, except where you have their consent;
- In any way exploits another person;
- Contains repetitive or irrelevant content (spam);
- Advertises, promotes or solicits any goods and/or services, except where previously authorised by Hyperlocal Media;
- Contains financial, legal, medical or other form of professional advice or recommendation;
- Impersonates another person or entity;
- Solicits or asks for money, passwords or personal information;
- Reproduce, copy, transfer or in any other way reproduce or modify any content published by Hyperlocal Media or our publications.
By uploading, transmitting, posting or otherwise making available any material to Hyperlocal Media, you:
- Grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, licence to use, reproduce, edit and exploit the material in any form and for any purpose;
- Understand that once content/material has been posted online, Hyperlocal Media is not responsible for, or able to control, how the content may be used or by whom the content may be used;
- Warrant that you have the right to use, assign rights to, and distribute the material;
- Unconditionally waive all moral rights (as defined by the Copyright Act 1968) which you may have in respect of the material.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to:
- Modify, review, remove, reject or edit any material that you upload, transmit, transfer or otherwise make available to Hyperlocal Media, that in our opinion, violates the conditions or has any other potential to cause harm, danger or in any other way violates the rights of any person.
- Monitor any use of Hyperlocal Media Publications, and store or disclose any information that we collect, including in order to investigate compliance with these conditions, as well as for the purposes of assisting with any police or legal investigation or claim, as well as at request by government officials.
We are not responsible for, and accept no liability in regards to, any material uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available to Hyperlocal Media or our Publications by any person except us. We also specify that by facilitating others to upload, post or otherwise make available material on Hyperlocal Media Publication does not constitute our authorship, ownership or any other liability of that material. Furthermore, we do not endorse any opinion advice or statement made by any person other than an official representative or Hyperlocal Media.
If you believe that these conditions have been breached, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising, Third Party Websites and Affiliates
We may feature and/or display links on Hyperlocal Media Publications that direct you to other websites operated by third parties. These third party websites do not form part of any Hyperlocal Media Publication and are not under our control or responsibility. By clicking any link on a Hyperlocal Media Publication, you do so at your own risk.
We may feature or display advertising from our advertisers in our Publications. By featuring or displaying such advertising, we do not in any way make any endorsement or recommendation of any advertiser, product or service promoted in our publications.
We may feature affiliate links on our publications. When you make a purchase using an affiliate link, we may receive a payment or commission for promoting the product/service to you, however you will not pay any extra for said product or service because of the affiliate program. We also make no representations, warranties or endorsements of any product or service we post affiliate links to.
Any use of Hyperlocal Media publications is at your own risk.
Although we do our best to ensure the information we publish is current, relevant, accurate and complete, we make no representation or warranty that any material or information included in Hyperlocal Media Publications is reliable, accurate or complete, nor do we accept any responsibility or liability arising in any way from errors or omissions in or on Hyperlocal Media Publications.
Material on the Hyperlocal Media Network is provided as general information only, and except where expressly states otherwise, it is not intended as official advice or recommendation and should not be treated as such.
You agree to fully indemnify and hold us harmless against any expenses, costs, loss (including consequential loss) or damage that we may suffer or incur as a result of or in connection with your use of, access to or conduct in connection with any Hyperlocal Media Publication, including any breach by you of the Conditions.